As trustees we take the responsibility of running and managing Mirfield Community Centre seriously. Due to the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) we have discussed whether or not we should close the centre. At the moment as there is no specific recommendation by the government to close similar organisations, we shall remain open. We understand that for some, running classes at the centre is the main or only source of income and is beneficial for those who gather on a social basis. We are closely monitoring the daily meetings being held in parliament; as the situation changes we may need to change this decision.
As Trustees, we have made the decision to stay open on the proviso that: each group leader asks anyone in their group to leave the premises should:
- a member of your group presents with symptoms:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- anyone in your group have recently returned from countries where there have been excessive cases of coronavirus and have sought medical advice
- anyone in your group admits to being in contact with a person with coronavirus
- ensure extra hand washing is carried out to safeguard your members and other users of the Centre.
Any suspected cases must be reported to the trustees via the usual channels or to any trustee individually.
We are continually wiping down handles, taps, sinks, worktops etc with antibacterial cleaning products and have left some out so anyone can treat surfaces themselves before using them if they so wish. At this moment in time we are unable to provide hand sanitiser due to the shortage in shops and would stipulate that hand washing is the best thing to do.
We are adding information to our ‘What’s on?‘ page as we hear about groups who have decided to suspend meetings. Finally we cannot accept liability for anyone running groups at Mirfield Community Centre should an outbreak occur.
Mirfield Community Trust Board of Trustees
Photo by Allie Smith on Unsplash